A full-text needs to be preceded by an abstract (max. word count: 150 words) and a list of maximum 5 keywords. Documenta accepts articles in Dutch and English. Please take notice that the language of your abstract corresponds to the language of the article. If you plan to write the article in Dutch, please add an additional English version of your abstract. Send your abstract for acceptance to email@example.com, before handing in your full text. You will receive advice as soon as possible.
2. Manuscript submission (full article): Academic Section
A full-text article has a maximum word count of 7,500 words and explores a topic within the context of theater and performance studies or Media Arts. Documenta accepts contributions in Dutch and English. If none of these two languages are the author’s mother tongues, the author is responsible for a language check by a native speaker. The editors can explicitly ask for such a language check after the peer review. In any case, the author takes on the financial cost.
After submitting, the editors will select two peer reviewers. Documenta has a double-blind peer review. You will receive news from us as soon as both reviewers handed in their advice. As we are a double-blind peer reviewed journal, please pay attention to remove all name indication of the author in the final document. If you have any questions before handing in or during the review process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documenta is using the MLA referencing system. For more info on MLA:
If your quotations are longer than 250 characters, please provide block quotation.
The lay-out will be applied by Documenta in the final stage of the process. You hand in the full text in a basic lay-out (Arial 11, double-spaced). Please take care of the structure:
You add the photos in a separate folder. Please pay attention to the quality of your images. The file names of each picture should be as follows: Fig. 1 (same indication as in your text)_title_photographer. You also add a list with all information on the image captions. The author is fully responsible for the copyrights.
In the text itself, you indicate clearly where the photos need to be added:
- In the text: (fig. 1), (fig. 2), …
- Caption: Figure 1: Title (date), copyright
3. Manuscript submission (full article): Artistic Section / Portfolio
Each edition of Documenta contains a portfolio section. This is a section with only artistic contributions to the topic of the issue and is curated by the head or guest editors. Contributions for this section may contain image and text materials. Proposals for individual contributions can be sent to email@example.com.
Authors who publish in this journal agree with the following terms:
• Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication of the work under a Creative Commons Attribution License that enables others to share the work, indicating authorship of the work and its first publication in this journal.
• Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published by the journal (e.g. placement in an institutional repository or publication in a book), always acknowledging the first publication in this journal.
• Authors have the right and are encouraged to make their work available online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during submission, as this may lead to productive discussions, faster and more citations of the published work.